Friday, September 17, 2010

Sacred Sharing

My mandala :)
Good morning,

I was awoken at 5:37 this morning (very rare for me) and found myself moved gracefully through the next 2 hours as I meditated in candlelight, contemplated the rising smoke from a stick of incense to the sound of peaceful ethereal music, did my version of yoga stretches and then sat down with my sketch pad and a packet of markers to draw a representation of my experience. It appears as though my intention to spend more time with God has taken root after all. I am in gratitude to my friend, Harold, who shared his intention last week to "date God," which I adopted on the spot on some level: “...to set aside ample and generous time to commune with God…to take the time to open myself up to divine energy…to intentionally surrender to Spirit’s presence in me…”

After my meditation, I laid back down under my covers and closed my eyes, relaxing in the Spirit. Rather than fall back asleep, I rested in a meditative state and allowed myself the freedom of my mind wandering and my heart speaking to me about what it is that I want most of all. I was visited by beautifully sweet and deeply heart-centered visions of myself involved in a number of activities, including facilitating a small group through a series of sacred sharing meetings on a book that I just finished reading. I saw myself welcoming into my home people coming to see me for spiritual guidance. I visited memories of beautiful moments I've shared in communion with communities of people in sacred settings, talking, praying, singing. There was such a sweetness to everything passing through my imagination. More than passing through, I felt that they were blossoming - slowly, deliberately, sweetly and beautifully. This is the life that I have lived, am living and want to live.

And now, I am awake, drinking hot tea and responding to emails while in my robe wearing a facial mask. I am at home and at peace, in action and also not 'doing' much of anything. This is how I want to work.

I'll close by sharing with you a reflection from someone who is one of my spiritual forefathers, blessed William Joseph Chaminade, founder of the Marianist tradition of which I am a part through my association with Chaminade High School and the Marianist LIFE program:

" . . I am like a brook that makes no effort to overcome obstacles in its way. All the obstacles can do is hold me up for a while, as a brook is held up; but during that time it grows broader and deeper and after a while it overflows the obstruction and flows along again. That is how I am going to work."

Blessings of light and love to you all,
~Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment