Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day - A beginning

I've been aware for some time now that I am in the process of being "in labor."
I'm giving birth to something much bigger than *me.*
What I'm working on getting out is very much inspired by the Spirit.
It's something that aches to be out of myself and shared with the world.
It's not perfect - in fact, it's messy, and screaming and so, so needy -
but it's mine to give.
Whereas once I thought it would seem foreign to me,
what I've seen of it looks a lot like me,
only more pure and more beautiful and much more powerful and trusting than anything I've ever known myself to be.
What is this being born? and when will it come?
I'm not sure and, I'm not sure.
But I think I'm ready to say that it's not for me to know.
It's only for me to push forward - to move forward.
So, I start up this blog as a diary for my soul.
It is my soul that sings and yearns and labors in this work
of birthing something new, true, pure and real into this world.
I hope that you enjoy, and accept the gift that I'm giving.
And that you'll give it, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment