Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Feliz Cumpleanos, Maria


Today is the Feast of the Nativity of Mary - in other words, the day that we celebrate Mother Mary's birth. Happy Birthday, Mary!
Please enjoy this beautiful song "Labor of Love" written by Andrew Peterson, performed originally by Jill Phillips, and covered here by Cassidy, whose version I found on YouTube. It's a little early to be foreshadowing the Christmas season, but it fits so perfectly in this week of celebrating labor...and Mary. Enjoy. :)
So on this Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, I give a special "shout out" to all mothers out there. I am thankful for the unconditional love of my own mom. Also, to Kristina, the newest little momma I know, and her baby boy Ben, who will be baptized on Saturday ("this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased!").

No comments:

Post a Comment