Friday, October 2, 2009

Worship beyond Words...

...maybe the name of my first album (don't steal it!).

Good evening. Tonight, I am inspired. I went to see my friends Kira & Jeff, and their band The Strange Familiar share their musical gift (with help from my sis, Kaylee). They were awesome. Definitely quality and passion beyond words. How Kira really embodies the music inspired me so much. I didn't quite know what to say to her after other than, - well, I don't know what I said. I couldn't have said enough. And when I got home all I wanted to do was sing, so that says a lot. You might get how I was feeling. Not only did I sing, but I wrote, and played and recorded a little, too (anyone have a mini voice recorder they don't use/want/need anymore? My voice memos are taking up tons of space on my Treo). And then I checked in to see what message "God" had for me on this day (I subscribe to this daily "message from God" app on Facebook, and so far, much like a horoscope, the messages have been dead on. Btw, I know the messages aren't really from God - or are they?:)

So tonight, before I eat my midnight Lean Cuisine and have my last night of relaxing rest before a very busy next 10 days, I share this here, with you. My thoughts from my heart. I hope soon to also be sharing my music from my heart. I have so much I want to give. Please pray with me that I hold faith for when the time will come for all that.

I sign off with my message from God:

"Kristin got a message that on this day, God wants her to know...
... that to worship God you must go beyond words to speak with your heart. You can mouth the words of a prayer all day long and just waste your time, unless you also speak with your heart. And to speak with your heart means to embody first. If you pray for love, be loving. If you pray for wealth, be generous. If you pray for health, practice health yourself. What is your favorite prayer? How can you begin to embody it?"




1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristin!
    I love your blog and am very excited to see you pursuing your musical dreams. You are so talented! You make the world a better place missy!
    Love ya!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete