Thursday, December 9, 2010

I am in love

...with life.
Its ups, its downs. Its surprises and disappointments. Its certainties and painful insecurities. I am expanding into the fullness of human living and loving as I open to share my truth with all the world with strength of heart and grace. I just wrote my new affirmation. :) My quality is Courageous, Open-Hearted Expansion. I love that life led me to USM to acquire the skill and desire to choose qualities and write affirmations.

...with music.
See "Your Love Is Extravagant" as performed/recorded by Casting Crowns to hear why I felt inspired to blog about this tonight. There's not much more that I need to say about this statement otherwise. :-)

...with love.
I just thought, "God, I love love." That statement is so redundant, it's funny. God is love, so any experience of love I have, whether with nature, myself, something I read, an encounter with another person, is God. It is said in Christian scriptures that "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." (1 John 4:8). It makes sense, then, that whoever does know love, knows God. I am continuing to work on integrating love and God with one another, rather than seeing either as something separate from each other, or life, or others, or me.

In Moulin Rouge, Christian's father is exasperated with his son when he says, "Always this ridiculous obsession with love!" I've been feeling that way a little about myself lately. It seems all I can think or 
write about (on a good day). Oh, well. Sue me.





No comments:

Post a Comment