Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Favorite Songs - The First 50

After seeing this beautiful video about an elderly man who is essentially brought to life by music, I started thinking about the music that animates me, that could make my soul feel alive.

I've begun a list. Here are 50 of the songs I'll call my "favorites," songs that can't help but get me to pay attention, light up and sing along.

I limited myself to only one song per group/artist. It was sometimes hard to pick just one, but I did it, otherwise, I could go on and on about certain artists.

Here they are, the first 50, in no particular order:

  1. "Take it to the Limit" - Eagles
  2. "Baby Come Back" - Player
  3. "The Rose" - Bette Midler
  4. "More Than Words" - Extreme
  5. "Reach" - Gloria Estefan
  6. "Africa" - Toto
  7. "Sussudio - Phil Collins
  8. "Out of the Blue" - Debbie Gibson
  9. "Hold On" - Wilson Phillips
  10. "Make it Real" - The Jets
  11. "Saving All My Love For You" - Whitney Houston
  12. "True Colors" - Cyndi Lauper
  13. "Sweet Thing" - Mary J. Blige
  14. "Second Chance" - Trisha Yearwood
  15. "Take On Me" - Aha
  16. "Eternal Flame" - Bangles
  17. "Smooth Operator" - Sade
  18. "Video" - India.Arie
  19. "The Time of My Life" - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
  20. "Caribbean Queen"- Billy Ocean
  21. "All Night Long" - Lionel Richie
  22. "Careless Whisper" - George Michael
  23. "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" - Wham!
  24. "Man in the Mirror" - Michael Jackson (Seriously - one MJ song? This is the best I can do.)
  25. "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" - Crosby, Stills and Nash
  26. "Rhythm Is Gonna Get You" - Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine
  27. "Fields of Gold" - Sting
  28. "Every Breath You Take" - The Police (It was hard to just pick one favorite from "The Police")
  29. "Hold On My Heart" - Genesis
  30. "Hard To Say I'm Sorry" - Chicago
  31. "Can't Fight This Feeling" - REO Speedwagon
  32. "Love Will Never Do (Without You)" - Janet Jackson
  33. "Let's Hear it For the Boy" - Deniece Williams
  34. "Danny's Song" - Loggins and Messina
  35. "Footloose" - Kenny Loggins
  36. "Just Once" - James Ingram
  37. "On the Wings of Love" - Jeffrey Osborne
  38. "Carry On Wayward Son" - Kansas
  39. "Crazy For You" - Madonna (How can I choose just one?!?)
  40. "Hands to Heaven" - Breathe
  41. "Sailing" - Christopher Cross
  42. "Never Gonna Give You Up" - Rick Astley
  43. "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" - Starship
  44. "Broken Wings" - Mr. Mister
  45. "By the Time This Night Is Over" - Kenny G (with Peabo Bryson)
  46. "Power of Love/Love Power" - Luther Vandross
  47. "Don't Know Much" - Aaron Neville & Linda Ronstadt
  48. "Almost Over You" - Sheena Easton
  49. "If It's Over" - Mariah Carey
  50. "It's Too Late" - Carole King
50 more are coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment