Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Case of the Ex-

So, I'm 31 years old. Old enough to have friends who are married with children. Old enough to be married with children of my own ('though not quite). But tonight I had an experience that brought to my awareness my true age. It had to do with finding an 'ex' online.

I had wondered about this guy, Brian, for a while. He and I met and dated for a few months a few years back. We hit it off, and had a pretty good connection. Then, he went away on a business trip, and never called me again. Not too big of a loss - I felt that 'though we had amazing chemistry, there was just a certain something missing - but it still stung, and I've carried it around as a kind of rejection ever since.

Tonight I had the crazy idea of just looking him up on Facebook, and I found him. And not only him, but his wife and adorable baby boy as well. Turns out that just after he and I dated, he met, fell in love with and married the love of his life. I went to their website, this very well-designed celebration of their love. I rejoice with him, and I'm happy for him. His wife is not nearly as cute as me, but I guess that just goes to show what true love will do to a person. ;-)

So, to all the ones I've loved and lost (or let go), I wish you happiness, success and a long life of fulfillment. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment