Sunday, October 30, 2011

A poem: Women

women
night blossoms
opening, watching, waiting
gathered as humanity's hope
conspiracy


Arist: Joyce Polance
Title: Spill



I wrote this cinquain poem on the last day of a retreat I took to Spirit Mountain Retreat in Idyllwild, CA. The retreat focused on themes of autumn, earth connection and sacred cosmology. For me, the weekend was about being immersed in womanhood, watching, listening, learning and contributing, so that I can more fully embrace my Self and my Life as a woman in this world.  There were many gifts and lessons learned - far too many to name here - all which I will carry forward with me into this season  of the year and of my life.

As for this art piece, I just thought it depicted really well the concept of female conspiracy that I tried to capture in my poem. I like that it's risky. I think that being a woman sometimes (ok - usually) is.  Womanhood, for me, lived out in fullness, is a kind of conspiracy that we maintain and to which we contribute, silently sometimes, and fiercely other times. We are the bearers of hope. The universe's secret weapon for planet Earth.

(C) 2011 Kristin Firestone

No comments:

Post a Comment