Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Remember when...?

Remember when I organized my books by color?

Remember when I lived in that little guest house/apartment thingy with the weird shower?

Remember when I used to play flute on the roof of the house?

Remember when I collected stamps in 5th grade and went to the post office for a field trip and loved it?

Remember when my hair was so curly that things got stuck in it and I didn't even know?

Remember when I thought that if I raised my eyebrows all the time, my forehead would look smaller...and people wouldn't think I was so ugly? (ironic; instead I just looked crazy)

Remember when I had such a mad crush on that one boy that I would purposely walk past him on the way to class, and stare at the back of his head in 5th period Science with Mr. Jones?

Remember when I had braces and I broke brackets all the time?

Remember when my college dorm room was decorated in Little Mermaid attire, and I didn't think it was age-inappropriate whatsoever?

Remember when I had a poster of a unicorn hanging up above my bed, and one of a teddy bear and a whole bunch of other stuff that meant a lot to me?

Remember when I would organize my stuffed animals at the foot of my bed at night, and carefully say "goodnight" to each one before going to sleep?

Remember when shaving my legs was something my mom had to help me with?

Remember when I hated my nose and wished it was either thinner, shorter, or both?

Remember when I watched "Love Connection" with Chuck Woolery?

Remember when I would spend all day in a fort, or a house made of cardboard, and those were the best days of my life?

Remember when ... ?

I do.


(C) 2012 Kristin Firestone




No comments:

Post a Comment