Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dear God,

I want to get married.
I want to BE married.
And raise children (more than one, please).
I want to pour Sunny Delight in a sunny kitchen with a window over the sink,
and do laundry,
and play soccer with my kids in the park (I know I don't really like playing sports, but I'd do it with my kids).

I'd like to join the PTA so I can influence the education system, and also be an example of peace and patience for the other parents who may drive themselves and each other crazy.

And then I want to take my family on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land where we learn about the foundations of the Judeo-Christian faith and explore the places where Jesus lived and died... and rose again.

I want to go backpacking with my husband (before the kids, of course - it just seems too difficult with little ones, and by the time they're big, I might be too old :)

If it's ok, I'd also like to have a nice home with plenty of space to house guests, and a husband who's totally open to the idea of taking in friends and even strangers (trustworthy) year-round and not just during major holidays.

Is it ok if we're really musical? You know how much I love music. And I'm alright with my husband not being a great musician himself, but, God, I really need him to love music - a lot. My kids are going to be musically talented in some way (highly likely), so it's important to me that he appreciate the place of music and artistic endeavors in life.

Oh, and while you're at it, please make him strong (inside and out), handsome, charming, funny, kind, witty, smart, open-minded, patient, peaceful, happy, healthy, and someone who enjoys talking as much as I do. 'Cause I need a lot of good conversation.

So, there you have it. Consider this my request, please. Of course, I know that in Your Infinite Wisdom, you will send me the man that I NEED before I'll get the one I WANT. If there's a way for them to be one-and-the-same, I will be in full support of receiving THAT!

~Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment