Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Love Prayer of Surrender


I want to share a prayer I wrote this morning in my meditation (which was great to return to). If you don't like the religious language ("God" and "lord" you can just replace it with "Love." I'm working on making them seamlessly interchangable for myself. :)

O God, make it so that what I desire
is only that which will lead me to you.
I want to worship you with all of my heart
and strength
and mind
and body
and soul.
I want to be yours forever. And if there's anything that stands in the way of that -
any thoughts, words, deeds or activities -
I surrender them all to you now, Love, lord of my life.
You are the One I seek.
You are the One I long for.
You are the only God for me - Love and Light,
sweetness and surrender, bliss and warmth
and destiny.
I am willing to wade through all of the rest
if only I can be assured of your great Love waiting for me there.
I seek you - I yearn for you with my entire being.
My whole Self declares today a day of the lord.
You have chosen me for your inheritance.
Out of the crowd you selected me to be one of your own -
to love and be loved freely and without reserve.
I long for this love and I am this love.
I am you, Love.
Your words are spirit and life in my blood.
your love is my sustenance.
Without you, I will surely die.

No comments:

Post a Comment