Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A poem: The Message Under the Door


Why, God, do I long so hard for so much?

I yearn today to the point of tears
for flowers already in my hands,
for just a little piece of land
For sweet caresses; a man’s touch
Someone to hold me who loves me so much
For success in projects and a focused goal
for dreams and visions, and to be made whole
For life and love and abundance abounding
to be open and sharing with courage resounding
to be close to your heart to the point I am burning
to not see mistakes, but to honor the learning
To give and let go, go big or go home
to know deep inside I’m not really alone
to grow so at peace with all that is true
to pick up my mat, rise and follow you

I want to be where you are – where are you?
I’m knocking out here – is there something else I should do?
I’m scared and it’s cold – I’ve been out here for days
And I feel so alone. Is there some other way?
to be in your house, to live in your room
to hear your sweet music
to bear in my womb
the love you’ve created – no – the love that you are
I want it so badly
Lord, you have my heart.

Lead me, O God, to the places and those
whose lives and whose souls will need me the most.

(C) 2011 Kristin Firestone





No comments:

Post a Comment